Morgan Spurlock, documentary filmmaker of Supersize me and 30 Days has devised a plan to do all sorts of 30 day challenges to savour each day of a month and to make changes in life that you would otherwise not make.
30 days is just the right amount of time to create or break a habit. I recently took up the challenge to engage with music on a daily basis in July. I did more though than though, each song for the categories listed below made me realize the amount of music that I actually loved and the moments in my life that I have been so fortunate to have.
Here is my 30 Day song challenge.
- 1. My favorite song : Muse – Time is Running Out
- 2. My least favorite song : Marilyn Manson – Tainted Love
- 3. A song that makes you happy : Gogol Bordello – Start Wearing Purple
- 4. A song that makes you sad : Depeche Mode – Enjoy the Silence
- 5. A song that reminds me of someone : No Doubt – Just a Girl
- 6. A song that reminds me of somewhere : NIN - Only
- 7. A song that reminds me of a certain event : Pendulum – Blood Sugar
- 8. A song you know all the words to : Combichrist – Without Emotions
- 9. A song you can dance to : White Rose Movement – Love is a Number
- 10. A song that makes you fall asleep : Mozart – Piano Concert No 21
- 11. A song from a favorite band : Radiohead - Ideotique
- 12. A song from a band you hate : Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Cant Stop
- 13. A guilty pleasure : Florence and the Machine – Drumming Song
- 14. A song you secretly love : Hanson – MmmBop
- 15. A song that describes you : Nena – 99 Loftballon
- 16. A song you used to love but now hate : Nirvana – Smells like teen spirit
- 17. A song you hear on the radio : MGMT - Kids
- 18. A song you wish was on the radio : Combichrist – Blut Royale
- 19. A song from your favorite album : Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus
- 20. A song you listen to when youre angry : In Flames – Dead End
- 21. A song for when youre happy: KT Turnstall – Suddenly I see
- 22. A song for when youre sad: All American Rejects – It ends tonight
- 23. A song to play at your wedding: REJECTED
- 24. A song you want played at your funeral: Bjork – Its oh so quiet
- 25. A song that makes me laugh : Flight of the Conchords – Im not crying
- 26. A song you can play on an instrument : Guitar Hero, Metallica - One
- 27. A song you wish you could play : Muse – Hysteria (on Keytar)
- 28. A song that makes you feel guilty: Cutting Jade – 10 Seconds
- 29. A song from your childhood: Rupert and the frog song
- 30. Favorite song this time last year: Siouxsie and the Banshees – The Passenger.
Next 30 day challenge set to start in September, it will be visual and can be seen in my visual crater.