stalkers

Friday 30 December 2011

11.11.11 - ONE FEST



11.11.11 changed me. I know the date itself specifically cannot really hold some special treatment for every individual and that the likelihood of a date changing your whole outlook seems more like a fairy-tale. 

I knew that it didn’t matter where I went or what I did, I needed to spend that day with my brother. So I was. We went to a music festival which also seemed like a good way for us to celebrate my kid brother's birthday. It also turned out to be a very awesome place for me and a bunch of our friends... each on our own journey.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." - Aristotle. 

It was a great festival. One of the best I have ever been to. It’s been so long since I blogged or listened to new music for the first time. It’s such a treat. Life is busy but it’s the time out that makes it worthwhile. 

 


So I drew about it instead. The picture is bad; I will upload a better one here in the near future. I doodled this not so long ago, its a combination of calligraphy pen (without calligraphy skills), pencil, graphite, wax and water colour. 


Tomorrow there is a festival to bring in 2012, its called Revolution NYE 2011 (link) it’s an outdoor open air music festival being held at Northern Farms Nature Reserve.

A great way to being in a new year in my opinion, surrounded by colours, music, love and complete clarity of what the new ahead has to come. the nice thing is that you can camp at the venue with a trance and electronic stage, dance all night and avoid the roadblocks and drunken driving. Most importantly wake up in a beautiful venue and be happy. 

that is what i intend to do, either way.  

Peace and Love see you in 2012, where i hope to write more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment